I remember watching a colleague copy and pasting her way through something or other and almost falling off her chair when I showed her CTRL+C and CTRL+V keyboard shortcuts.
There are loads of ways to make using a computer that little bit more ergonomic. And so, after another colleague exposed the absence in my knowledge of triple click to highlight a paragraph, I have decided to set up a newsletter using MailChimp (found via Doug Belshaw’s excellent newsletter, Things I Learned This Week).
- I wanted an easy medium for teachers in my school to follow via email
- I wanted something away from my blog
- I wanted readers to be able to subscribe simply to the tips only
- I wanted the tips to be cosmetically attractive
- and only include one little tip, so take moments to digest
If you have a tip you think the teachers at my school – or any subscriber – might benefit from, probably because you couldn’t live without it- please reply in the comments or on twitter? The tips are not meant to break any ground, but a vehicle for those little things that improve productivity and make work flow.
Did you check out the link for the newsletter? Here it is.